My friend Kendahl writes at Our Nourishing Roots. She has been cooking with traditional foods just about as long as I have, and just published the e-book Real Food 101 (purchase here). I love visiting her house, I’ll admit she is more of a ‘foodie’ than I am and always knows how to perfectly combine spices and flavors to make fantastic dishes. Me, I’ll admit I’m in this whole real food thing primarily for the health benefits- I appreciate good tasting food, but health is my main passion.
She saw the need for picture tutorials for the basic real food recipes, and she put together a nice e-book for you! See the topics below. And check out a sample here. Isn’t it pretty?
What is in the e-book?
- Grains, Nuts, Beans, & Seeds: Sprouted Flour, Soaking and Dehydrating Nuts, Beans, and Seeds.
- Working with Raw Dairy: Butter, Buttermilk, Yogurt three ways, Whey, and Cream Cheese.
- Salad Dressings: Basic Vinaigrette, Garlic & Herb Vinaigrette, Ranch Dressing
- Traditional Bone Broths & Stocks: Beef Stock, Chicken Stock, and Shellfish Stock.
- Lacto-fermented Condiments: Ketchup, Hand-Beaten Mayonnaise, and Traditional Sauerkraut.
- Probiotic Drinks: Beet Kvass and Water Kefir.
Purchase here! Health, Home, and Happiness readers get a 30% discount with the code HHH30 until May 4th, 2012.
Giveaway opportunity: Comment below telling me why you’d like to win a copy of this e-book, and on Friday April 27th I’ll pick a winner at random.